Everyday is a gift 每天都是一份礼物 My brother-in-law opened the bottom drawer of my sisters bureau and lifted out a tissue-wrapped package. This, he said, is not a slip. This is lingerie. He discarded the tissue and handed me the slip. It wa

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 四级晨读英语美文

突破口语之独白(13):Long Distance Love远程恋爱 All my life I've been waiting for you... The first time we talked, it was like we had known each other forever. I didn't even know you, but I felt like you were already an old friend. I waited in anticip

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Economics Report - Ready to Save Like There's No Tomorrow? This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. Are you a saver or a spender? A penny saved is a penny earned. This old saying calls attention to the wisdom of saving money. Putting money a

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Economics Report - How an Allowance Helps Children Learn About Money 经济报道 - 零花钱帮助孩子们学会理财 This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语经济报道。 Many children first learn the

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(一)月

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: The pharmaceutical giant Merck is pulling out of an agreement to sell a lifesaving vaccine to poor countries at a reduced cost. At the same time, the company has just started sending the vaccine to China, where it will likely be

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

AS IT IS 2014-05-05 Saving Black Gospel Music 拯救黑人福音音乐 Hello, and welcome to As It Is from VOA Learning English! Im Christopher Cruise in Washington. Today on the program we will report on efforts to save 20th century recordings of bl

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(五)月

By Deborah Block Washington, DC 31 January 2006 watch Trauma Treatment report The violence in Iraq has cost many people their lives -- Iraqis, American military, and other coalition. So far, more than

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(一月)

AZUZ: Compared to earth's mass, Jupiter is thought to be much larger than that. And scientists say NASA's Juno spacecraft has led to new findings about Jupiter. For one thing, they believe the planet's surface has bands of gas and winds that flow ver

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年4月

Jerry要去中国出差,找同事Amy请教。 Jerry: My book on Chinese culture says that the idea of shame is a big part of how society works. A: That's true. Chinese culture places more value on the group and less on the individual. J: Pretty muc

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Daylight Saving Time starts tomorrow. Please change my clock, his wife said. John said he would try. John hated changing clocks twice a year. He never changed his car clock. He couldn't figure out how to do it. His car clock was wrong from March to N

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

Rainforests are being cut and burned form Brazil to Indonesia at such a rate that they could well disappear from the earth's surface before the year 2050. They are being cleared for valuable timber and other resources to speed up the economic growth

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Anchor: From its massive trade surplus with United States to its funding of America's ballooning deficit, China's economy has become increasingly intertwined with her own. And this wouldn't be possible without the extraordinary thrift of ordinary Chi

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

By Paul Sisco Washington 25 July 2007 At the beginning of the 20th century there were more than a million lions worldwide. Today there are less than 30,000 in the wild. The remaining lions are increasingly threatened by habitat loss, hunting, and era

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Since the food crisis of a few years ago, much attention has been paid to improving agriculture and conserving the land. But land is not the only source of food. The oceans provide food and jobs for millions of people, yet very little is being done t

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 02 December 2007 The United Nations Children's Fund says it is beginning a week-long mass immunization campaign in war-torn Somalia on Sunday. UNICEF says volunteer health workers aim to immunize 100,000 children and women in c

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十二月)

Life-saving Heart Pump Developed for Children Sixteen-year-old Marco Murguia can now play basketball and live a normal life. But in early 2007, when he was ten, his mother, Connie Murguia, noticed he was acting sluggish and took him to Texas Children

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Online Money Management Sites Cater to Young Savers New youth-oriented banking websites target young people who are often better known for impulsive spending than for saving money. The websites offer information and tools to help clients become bette

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

To Buy Happiness, Spend Money on Saving Time 金钱也能买到幸福哦 We all know money cant buy happiness. But according to a recent study, there may be a loophole. A team of researchers finds that shelling out for services that save time can bri

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(八)月

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 08 October 2007 The World Health Organization says more than three-quarters of a million people in 19 countries, most in Africa, will receive life-saving anti-tuberculosis drugs over the next year and a half. It says UNITAID, a

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: A Michelin-starred bistro in New York City is serving up a new dish - a burger made entirely of plants. Now, this isn't just another veggie-tofu knockoff burger. This burger looks, cooks, even bleeds like the real thing. As part of

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月